Crocs Inc. was born in Boulder, Colo. in 2002 as the maker of a simple, comfortable boat shoe. The company was given the name Crocs after the multi-environment, amphibious nature of crocodiles. Today, Crocs™ footwear is available in more than 90 countries around the world in more than 300 four-season styles for men, women and children. In 2011, the brand celebrated reaching $1 billion in annual sales for the first time.
Get Crocs Inside
All Crocs™ shoes have Croslite™ material inside, a proprietary closed-cell resin that gives each pair of shoes its soft, comfortable, lightweight, non-marking and odor-resistant qualities. Crocs™ wearers can now “Get Crocs Inside” every pair of shoes, from the iconic clog to newer styles, including canvas sneakers, leather boots, heels and sandals.
- Over the past 10 years, Crocs has sold more than 200 million pairs of shoes. That’s a lot of shoes! How many? Enough you could wrap the world twice with Crocs.
- Crocs™ shoes are sold in more than 90 countries – the brand now does business in more than 30 languages. Yep, that means you can spot Crocs whether you are walking the streets of New York City, Hong Kong or Brazil.
- The iconic clog-style shoe that Crocs is so well known for now accounts for less than half of Crocs footwear sales.
- Globally, Crocs has more than 500 retail locations and continues to grow.
- Since 2007, Crocs has donated more than 3 million pairs of shoes to people in need around the world as part of its global Crocs Caressm corporate social responsibility platform
- Crocs is continuing to expand its brand presence with a number of new licensing agreements for Crocs-branded accessories, including hats, bags, backpacks, socks, sunglasses and scrubs.
- Headquartered in Niwot, Colo., Crocs has more than 4,000 employees globally
- Crocs is traded on the NASDAQ stock market (NASDAQ: CROX)
Giving back has always been a strong part of Crocs’ culture. This dedication led the company to launch a corporate social responsibility platform, called Crocs Cares, in 2007. Crocs Cares was created to make a difference in the lives of children and families in need through initiatives that positively impact the environment, employees and local and global communities. Crocs Cares is focused on donating shoes to those in need around the world and on volunteer initiatives in the communities in which Crocs does business. More than 3 million pairs of shoes have been donated through Crocs Cares since the program’s inception. Recent Crocs Cares initiatives include:
- Donating more than 50,000 pairs of shoes to Japan in conjunction with Feed the Children in the wake of last year’s devastating earthquake and resulting tsunami
- Working with the Global Aid Network to donate 10,000 pairs of shoes to help the thousands of Pakistanis left homeless as a result of the 2010 flooding disaster
Key Product Line Extensions
- Ocean Minded™ by Crocs – a line of men’s, women’s and kids’ sandals and apparel inspired by and perfect for the beach and warm-weather wearing occasions.
- Crocs™ Golf – a new golf collection that features a number of men’s and women’s styles that can be worn both on and off the course.
Awards & Recognition
From business awards including the American Business Awards to the local honor of being selected as ColoradoBiz Top Company, people are talking about Crocs. Check out just a few of our recent honors here.