Crocs, Inc. Steps Up Style with New Blogger Program
CrocStyle Insiders to help showcase new style-forward Crocs footwear
Niwot, Colo. – May 22, 2012 – Crocs, Inc. (NASDAQ: CROX) today announced the launch of a new style blogger program to highlight on-trend, yet comfortable, Crocs™ footwear throughout the year. Five well-respected style and fashion bloggers will participate in the program as CrocStyle Insiders to preview and showcase new Crocs™ styles.
Each CrocStyle Insider will help share new, fashionable Crocs™ products with today’s savvy shoppers looking for online style inspiration, as well as host interactive online events and style parties. Crocs has named the following 2012 CrocStyle Insiders:
- Kathryn Finney started her wildly successful fashion blog, The Budget Fashionista, in the summer of 2003. Kathryn’s frank advice and Midwestern charm turned a small site about looking fabulous on a budget into one of the top fashion sites on the Internet, with more than 13 million unique visitors each year. Kathryn has been profiled and/or featured in numerous top publications and is currently the Editor-at-Large at BlogHer, Inc. The release of her Amazon best-selling book, “How to Be a Budget Fashionista – The Ultimate Guide to Looking Fabulous For Less,” made her the first fashion blogger to receive a book deal from a major publishing house. She was also the first fashion blogger to attend fashion week.
- Audrey McLelland, author of Mom Fashion Report , left the fashion world of Donna Karan International to raise her brood of four boys under the age of five in her home state of Rhode Island. She’s learned that you can take the girl out of the Fashion District, but you can’t take the Fashion District out of the girl. Audrey brings her fashion expertise to Mom Fashion Report, her style and fashion blog within the Mom Generations network. Audrey also brings her mom fashion expertise to BabyCenter.com as a beauty and style writer, SheKnows.com as the MommyStyle contributor and was invited as the Mom Fashion Voice at the People’s Choice Awards with Tim Gunn and Gretta Monahan. Audrey also shares her advice on CBS’ “The Rhode Show.” In addition, Audrey co-founded Getting Gorgeous Events, which connects brands with bloggers through a series of pampering activities.
- Jenn Rager started her blog The Stylish Housewife after deciding to quit her job in the financial services industry to become a stay at home mom. Her personal style & beauty blog aims to motivate and inspire other moms to make the most of what their closet has to offer and stay stylish on a budget. Jenn has been featured on Parenting.com, FabSugar and was a featured blogger for the LOFT Cares breast cancer research blogger campaign.
- Maegan Tintari of …Love Maegan is a Los Angeles-based style blogger who writes daily to share personal style secrets, DIYs and hair tutorials, home decor and fashion tips, as well as a look into her personal life with her husband and two adorable dogs. Maegan is currently a style editor with BlogHer and a featured beauty expert with Life Well Lived. Soon to be a published author, Maegan is working on her first book, due out in spring 2013.
- Lilliana Vazquez is the founder and editor-in-chief of The Cheap Chica’s Guide to Style, an online fashion resource that is a go-to destination for fashionistas on a budget. The site reaches a national audience of more than 250,000 women each month and is considered the authority on “looking chic for cheap.” Known for her ability to provide informative, accessible and relatable fashion commentary, Lilliana is a style expert with more than 250 appearances on NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, Bravo and The Style Network. Lilliana serves as a regular contributor to the Emmy nominated Nate Berkus Show as well as to TBS’ Movie and a Makeover and is currently a lifestyle correspondent for New York LIVE on NBC New York.
“This team of bloggers represents what style means to us at Crocs, which is simply looking great, being comfortable and keeping up with trends on a budget,” said Katy Lachky, VP of Global Communications at Crocs. “With more than 300 different Crocs styles available today, we are looking forward to working with this diverse group of style experts to continue to raise awareness of some of our more fashion-forward products and how they can easily be incorporated into any wardrobe.”
To keep up with the CrocStyle Insiders and check out their insights and personal styles featuring the newest Crocs™ shoes, readers can find the latest on the Crocs blog. Readers can also follow the CrocStyle Insiders on their personal blogs.
Additional information about the newest Crocs™ shoes for the entire family is available at www.crocs.com.
About Crocs, Inc.
Celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2012, Crocs, Inc. is a world leader in innovative casual footwear for men, women and children. Crocs offers several distinct shoe collections with more than 300 four-season footwear styles. All Crocs™ shoes feature Croslite™ material, a proprietary, revolutionary technology that gives each pair of shoes the soft, comfortable, lightweight and odor-resistant qualities that Crocs fans know and love. Crocs fans “Get Crocs Inside” every pair of shoes, from the iconic clog to new sneakers, sandals, boots and heels. Since its inception in 2002, Crocs has sold more than 200 million pairs of shoes in more than 90 countries around the world. The brand celebrated reaching $1 billion in annual sales in 2011.
# # #